Friday, February 20, 2009

O-week!

Hey all! Sorry it has been so long since I have posted here. This week has been wicked busy. I have walked all over the place, stayed out late, danced all day and all night, watched movies, eaten gelato, and made new friends.

Yesterday, I went lawn bowling (it is similar to bocce, but is slightly different). You roll a white ball called a jack down to the other end of the field, then bowl (roll your ball) after it. There is a certain way to hold the balls, and it is not very easy. I really enjoyed it though. In the afternoon, I went paddle boating in the lake, although it is closed because of blue-green algae. Everyone ended up soaked, some people went swimming (I stayed in the boat). I have a nice large, swollen bruise on my knee from that. It is quite amusing telling people I had a paddle boating accident. Someone jumped off our boat, which made us unbalanced, then my friend fell on top of me and I landed on the pedals. I was lucky I didn't fall face first into the water!

Today, we had a scavenger hunt, and each block (section of the building) competed against each other to take pictures of landmarks in the area. It was a lot of fun! We ended with a bbq, and a dance. Tonight, I will go disco bowling (bowling in disco clothes). Tomorrow, I am going to the beach, although we have to be up by 8am! Monday, my classes will start. It feels weird having to go to class after 2 weeks of hanging out and having fun, with nothing really important to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment